Thursday, June 21, 2012

Starting a writing project!

     It seemed as though middle school sapped me of all of my powers of imagination and creative writing. Suddenly, what had once flowed easily was no longer accessible to me. I've struggled for the past three years to come up with something, anything--a story I could honestly see myself pursuing to the finish line. The two years I spent in a humanities program didn't help. While I learned how to write a mean research paper, my scholastic experiences with creative writing have been, to say the least, limited. For a long time, I've been judging my work before I've even written it down. That perfectionist tendency of mine has not been helpful when I'm trying to brainstorm and write first drafts.
     But I think I've got it. Not only have I come up with a potentially plausible and interesting plotline, I think I can follow through. And if I can't, in the end, I've got a couple more ideas lined up that seem promising. My creative juices are flowing! The dam has been breached! Sentences are being formed, words carefully evaluated for accuracy and dialogues edited and re-edited!
     If you can't already tell, I'm really super duper excited. While this is great news for me and my embryo-of-a-project, this isn't so wonderful for my blog. Instead of updating every day, like I've been trying to do (I think I only missed one day, yesterday, since I've started, and that was because of a sleepover) I'll probably be limited to bi-weekly or weekly posts. But since I feel like I'm kind of over-posting anyway, to an audience that isn't there, I don't think I'll be seriously missed.
     I wish you luck on all your endeavors, be they writing projects or not. Wish me luch on mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment