Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tomorrow's the day!

     There are honestly no words to describe my excitement at this moment. I've picked out an outfit, shaved my legs (although that was completely unnecessary--I'm wearing pants), packed my bag, packed my lunch, ate a celebratory piece of cake coupled with a glass of milk, and brushed my teeth for five minutes. 
     Okay, fine. There is a word for my excitement, and that word is eep! Oh my fucking god! I'm going to fucking high school tomorrow, and there'll be no tests, just new people--teachers and kids and principals and shit--and a crapload of information I'm excited to learn and digest! 
     I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning, brush my teeth for at least two minutes. I will not forget my deodorant (new and beautiful, purchased today and designed to prevent that nasty 85 degree weather from getting to my armpits and messing everything up) and I'll use my equally new facial moisturizer (Aveeno, people--that's 15 bucks, right there!) to freshen up my face, whatever that means. I'll probably brush my teeth again--sweet-smelling breath  is of the utmost importance. I'll go and munch on my breakfast, but in all honesty I'll probably be too excited to want to eat. I'll brush my teeth again, for good measure. 
     Then, I'll slip on my clothes--cuffed pants, white t-shirt, and beautiful, newly-bought-but-not-new vintage red polkadot shortsleeved button-up shirt, and a pair of shoes as of yet to be determined. My hair will be tamed and styled appropriately, my brush slipped into my new and beautiful navy-blue Jansport backpack for use, later, along with my camera and wallet. 
     I'll kiss my mommy goodbye and walk with my dad to the nearest train station, just a couple of blocks away. Along the way I'll pop a breath-freshening spearmint gum stick into my mouth. Like I said, sweet-smelling breath is vital (first impressions/first smells are important.) Then we'll ride with my friend Isabel and her mother to the school, where they'll leave us to our fates.
     OHMYGOD I'M SO EXCITED. There are no words to describe my anticipation and my anxious apprehension. It'll go well tomorrow. It has to go well. I won't make a fool of myself. I'll look gorgeous, maybe, and I'll impress my teachers. I'll make friends and I'll eat my lovely salad and it'll be a special, wonderful day. 
     I will update you afterward, when I'm clearheaded enough to think and write properly. Cross you fingers for me--it's a make-it-or-break-it day!

No comments:

Post a Comment